Kay Mongardi is a well-known and well-regarded veteran in the field of international education. She has most recently served as Chair of the Board of Albanian College, a system of IB Continuum Schools in Albania. She has served as the Chair of the Board of Brookhouse School in Nairobi, Kenya. Ms. Mongardi was an Accreditation Officer for the Council of International Schools (CIS) for Africa, Italy, and the Middle East, from 2004 to 2016.
Ms. Mongardi has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from Wheaton College in the US, a Post-Graduate Diploma of Education from Makerere University College in Kampala, Uganda, and a Master’s Degree in Education Administration from Pepperdine University in California in the US.
Other experience in international education includes:
• American International School in Egypt, Cairo, Egypt – Secondary Principal
• Lincoln International American School, Buenos Aires, Argentina – High School Principal
• American British Academy, Muscat, Oman – High School Principal and Deputy Superintendent
• Nagoya International School, Nagoya, Japan – Principal
• Escola Graduada, São Paulo, Brazil – Middle School Dean
• Buena Vista High School, Corona, California – Teacher, Work Experience Counselor,
• Adult Education, Amnesty ESL Resource Person
• Auburndale Junior High School, Corona, California – Science Teacher
• International School of Genoa, Genoa, Italy – Head of School
• Khartoum American School, Khartoum, Sudan – Head of School
• International School of Moshi, Moshi, Tanzania – Grade level and Science Teacher
• Arusha School, Arusha, Tanzania – Grade 4 and 7 Teacher
• African Girls’ Secondary School, Moshi, Tanzania – Science, History and Math Teacher